Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Systemizing short notice assignments

I have started trying and systemize short notice assignment requests so that both the client and myself benefit from the session despite the constraints and lack of information and preparation time. The idea I had vaguely fleeting around yesterday got encouragement from a meeting I had this morning with E. in my best secret relaxing place in Tokyo. I jolted down preliminary notes while waiting for a short notice customer the afternoon. Would have I benefited from that customer feeding me details based on the questionnaire linked above? Definitely. K. considers that "professional interpreters" would surely decline request for last resort missions out of fear of not delivering with perfection. I am not a professional therefore I dare face imperfection. Some customers seem to appreciate though.

0 comments:

 
Free Blogger Templates