Friday, June 19, 2009

Aging

I remember vividly these days how F. who is a long time professional guide interpreter in France told me last time that aging was a positive factor as you start getting respect from your Japanese clients. So maybe it's time to highlight the wrinkles and whiten the hairs ahead of time. In the last month, I have been praised beyond the standard hot air by the Japanese counterparts of my non-Japanese clients. In the past week, two ended the show with asking me if I were available sometimes in the future for direct assignment requests. Besides inevitable lip service, this kind of inquiry is new to me, and salient enough to be noticed as something new in the interaction conventions. I will see to push the pawns soon and see what happens with down to earth expectations for results.

0 comments:

 
Free Blogger Templates