Saturday, March 6, 2010

It has been a busy week

And so many times I would have pushed the stop button and jolt down notes for this blog.

I heard simultaneous in action at the embassy. I know one of the pair of interpreters. Listening to the original stream and the translated one is painful when you understand both. What's more, I felt the efforts of these top class interpreters almost painful to hear, sprinters in action, all the more that the talkers although invited to speak peacefully quickly forgot and run at full speed. I knew the speeches ahead of time, having done the liaison-consecutive stuff on the same subject several times over the world. I knew most but not all part of the jargon, the elliptical figures of speech I still believe after those years they could be spelled differently in an easier manner for every one to understand, including the interpreters. It was a good opportunity to reconfirm that simultaneous and consecutive are different leagues. And one is not on top of the other, but simply in different realms of issues.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

 
Free Blogger Templates