Friday, April 23, 2010

Off-topic : Getting in touch via LinkedIn

Via LinkedIn and the likes. I seldom get request for bonding over LinkedIn, but when I do, most if not each time, the requester sends a mail using the generic blurb asking to link. No customization, no personal message, nothing but that artificial message that reads like a speech robot. I check the requester's profile page because I often don't have a clue about who she is. The latest one was a translator/interpreter somewhere in Europe. "I don't know this person" is the only sensible choice I consider these days. A little personal message could make a difference, even if we will end up contemplating alone on each side our rooster of contacts (better than "friends"), and do nothing else. Reach someone and get in touch, or was it get in touch and reach someone? was the catch phrase of some US phone carrier some years ago if I remember well. That was before the Internet. My son has a collection of cards with strange beasts and specs, much like our roosters of contacts. He flips the card, I click on these.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

 
Free Blogger Templates