Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Speed

I quit learning Chinese the day I started thinking about it. Now I am starting not learning, unlearning, delearning, whatever. The books came at the same time, funny coincidence.The most startling thing is the Japanese book 入門からのシャドウイング 中国語短文会話360と基本文法. I synched the CDs with the iPod and flipped in the meantime the introduction pages. There is a reference about learning as sport where speed, rhythm and nuances are what must be placated onto the body 身に付ける.

Oh!Boy! I laughed while listening to the CD. I am still laughing! Normal speed it is, that is full speed, spink spank, pig pong like explosion of interactive short bursts of dialogs, in Japanese AB, AB, AB, then in Chinese, all of this at light speed. It's Nike that comes to language learning, that is, just do it, which is the main message. Just do it, starting from shadowing from the first line, including the Japanese. That is, you shadow Japanese (not what is intended by the authors) then Chinese if you want to practice both. The readers are invited to speed up in Japanese and burst into Chinese with equal velocity as a way to smash oral procastination. It's a brilliant idea. The authors are priests of shadowing. Incredible. I am hooked.

0 comments:

 
Free Blogger Templates