Friday, May 29, 2009

Music to the ears

Listening to Bloomberg podcasts comes down very much to learning to listen to jazz, opera or gamelan. It makes sense over time. I perfectly remember how incompetent I was at listening to Bloomberg news a while ago, maybe two years ago. I couldn't hear, I couldn't decipher, I could not make sense of most of it. The rhythms, those of each speaker's sounding different, I could not grab, the groove, the tempo I could not snap fingers on. It's over. I get the music most of the time. Down there, there is no much difference between getting comfortable listening to jazz than listening to any type of content where pleasure may not be the main factor. It doesn't snap onto the process of interpretation per se, but listening, hearing, understanding being the absolute requisite, working on the requisite is mission critical number one.

0 comments:

 
Free Blogger Templates