Saturday, May 16, 2009

Not all massive

Clearly speaking, enjoyment is not the point when trying and reach higher level. The argument of fun is like "cool", a totalitarian concept. There is nothing fun to listen to an earning call conference, a politician for who you have no liking, but they provide valuable "content" that require focused attention. While massive immersion is the intention, it is to be understood as a conscious act, not a given. Simply being in Japan is not enough for conscious immersion. It requires attention during the day and the trying at setting aside time for study. For instance, my own conscious massive immersion strategy # 1 is to listen a lot of podcasts. But as I hardly can find solace in the poor choice of Japanese podcast and I am no TV viewer, I end up listening more to English or French than Japanese. I try and work around that issue by listening and relistening to the short selection of stuff I find palatable. Repetitive listening of selected stuff is definitely a good, tangible way to feel one's own improvement and where things get stuck into. I think that some times during the day, let's say 15 minutes, should be set aside for relistening to past content in deep fashion, and keep the rest of the available time for massive listening (and watching).

0 comments:

 
Free Blogger Templates