Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Twitter sight translation

I am wetting my hands in Twitter (lioneltokyo) with a mixed feeling:

- why am I following the crowd?
- who are these people all cool and wacky monologuing or dialoguing on things you just don't have a clue about?
- it's a moving mic when you just browse and read, a moving mic in a crowd in a cafe that is picking up bits of conversations.
- Some are talking to others, some are talking aloud to themselves.
- No silent thought aloud.
- Weird stuff : a traveler in Thailand at some gathering puzzling aloud about why no one else twittering. Childish standard reaction. Normality is what I do. Why others don't?
- Another one having quit blogging feeling revealed to have done so.
- It's a closed world. I don't know why I would follow the majority of followers.They just keep blurbing aloud shit. And they must rightly think the same about what I deliver. But do you actually read or mostly contemplate your "works" in the muck of other's brouhaha?

Searched for other interpreters/translators. Mostly no one advertising gears. It's still an arid place.

Hardest training stuff : Twitter sight translation. You are lacking context 99% of the time.

- Trying to figure out a push type of sentences to sight translate (a training service) with vocab aids.

0 comments:

 
Free Blogger Templates